This simply sweet jerky recipe will have you munching ALL DAY LONG!
Even though sugar is not healthy and my wife always tells me to not eat it, I can't stop when it comes to jerky. I love using sugar in beef jerky recipes, it just gives them that savory flavor that I yearn for.
This simply sweet jerky recipe is tastefully basic when it comes to ingredients. With only 5 ingredients, not counting the beef, you will be surprised by the flavor it puts out.
A beef eye of round roast was used when making this recipe, as it does most of my recipes. If you have been following, you will notice that I use the eye of round for MOST recipes. Why? Because I think it's the best!
After marinating in soy sauce, worcestershire, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and salt for 20 hours, these delicious looking cuts of beef made their way to my dehydrator. I did pat them dry with a paper towel before placing on the dehydrator trays to quicken the drying process.
Is your mouth watering yet?! It should be.... This recipe turned out pretty damn good. After drying for 5 hours at 160 degrees, the eating commenced and these little bad boys didn't last too long. So get your jerky making tools and gadgets out and get to work! You won't regret giving this recipe a go!
For more in depth directions on how to dry your beef jerky, visit my page Jerky Making Methods.
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Curing Salt (Prague Powder #1)
- Trim all visible fat from the beef and place in freezer for an hour or two to partially freeze.
- While the meat is in the freezer, combine the worcestershire, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt in a medium size bowl or ziplock bag. Mix well.
- Remove the meat from the freezer and slice ¼" strips against the grain. Slice with the grain if you want a chewier jerky. Or skip the freezing phase and use a Jerky Slicer for evenly sliced strips.
- Add sliced beef to the mixture and marinate for 6-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- After the meat has finished marinating, remove from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels.