Citrus Bourbon Turkey Jerky
Intense citrus, sweet, and bourbon flavor makes this such an amazing tasting jerky you will never want to share.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp curing salt Optional
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or ziplock bag and mix well.
Trim all visible fat from the turkey breast and slice ¼" strips
Add sliced turkey breast to the mixture in the ziplock bag or bowl and marinate for 8-24 hours in the refrigerator.
After the meat has finished marinating, remove from refrigerator and strain excess marinade in a colander.
Pre-heat oven to 300F.
Place turkey strips on a baking rack on top of a aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the strips reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Remove from the oven and dry with you favorite jerky making method. I used my Nesco Dehydrator and dried for 4 hours at 145F.
The jerky is finished when it bends and cracks, but does not break in half. Allow to cool for an hour before storing in an air tight container.
Old Pro Tips:
- Trim all fat from the meat before marinating for longer lasting jerky once it’s finished drying
- Use curing salt or celery juice powder to extend the life of the jerky
- Marinate closer to 24 hours for the most intense flavor
- Use your favorite Bourbon to tailor the taste of this jerky to your liking
Serving: 1g | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 909mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.2mg