This simple recipe made from complete whole ingredients is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Cannelle et Vanille, by chef Aran Goyoaga. This super delicious, fresh tasting, and elegant smoked salmon avocado toast is a winner.
Video - Making smoked salmon avocado toast
Smoking the salmon
Smoking the salmon is the fun part! Follow the directions on our smoked salmon recipe to have the perfect ingredient for this smoked salmon toast.
This wild caught salmon brined in Dr. Pepper is succulent and packed full of flavor. Don't want to smoke your own salmon? No worries, simply purchase from your local grocery store.
They normally carry smoked salmon in the seafood section. I highly recommend you smoke your own though, it's fun and extremely satisfying!
What you need
Ok, so you just smoked your beautiful salmon fillet. Now, it's time to prep your ingredients for the smoked salmon avocado toast.
- Smoked salmon fillet
- Favorite bread, we prefer seeded bread
- Shallots or spring onions
- Sea salt, I prefer flaky salt like Maldon brand
- Black pepper
Preparing the ingredients
- Flake the smoked salmon fillet
- Mash ripe avocados with some lime juice and salt to taste
- Slice sweet, crisp cucumbers
- Dice up shallots
- Chop up green onions
- Chop up dill
Assemble smoked salmon avocado toast
Now that we have all our ingredients prepared, it's time for the fun part. Time to layer it on your favorite slice of bread.
- I prefer to start with the mashed lime, salted avocado.
- The next layer is sliced cucumbers.
- Next is the delicious flaked smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle on the green onions.
- Top it off with finely chopped shallots.
- Sprinkle on top a dash of chopped, fragrant dill. Dill pairs very well with salmon, adding a fresh, citrus-like taste.
- Lastly, top off with flaky Maldon sea salt for the finishing touch.
This elegant smoked salmon avocado toast packs in a ton of flavor, like you are eating fresh from the garden. Y'all won't be disappointed.
This is something great to put together, however you like. Feel free to take out some ingredients or layer the ingredients in a different way. Have fun with it!
Both are packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients, so paired together gives you a great dosage of healthy fats. Avocado also tends to bring out the sweetness of seafood, fish.
It is part of the wellness movement that is a direct response to too many processed foods.
Bill Granger, an Australian restaurateur.
- We prefer to smoke wild salmon
- Buy ripe avocados
- Purchase sweet, crispy cucumbers for the added crunch texture
Check out these other great recipes
- 8 oz smoked salmon fillet (flaked)
- 2 avocado (mash up with a bit of lime juice and some sea salt to taste)
- 4 whole wheat bread (your favorite bread )
- 1 cup cucumber (thinly sliced, sweet variety1)
- 2 tablespoon shallot (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (finish off the toast with some flaky sea salt like brand, Maldon)
Smoking salmon fillets
- Purchase already smoked salmon from your local grocery store or smoke your own! Follow our smoked salmon recipe for the perfect addition to this toast.
- Flake smoked salmon fillet with a fork
- Mash up two avocados with some lime juice and sea salt
- Chop up shallots or green onions, chives, and dill and place aside
Layer ingredients however you like on your favorite slice of bread
- Layer slice of bread with mashed avocado, sliced cucumbers, and flaked smoked salmon
- Sprinkle on top, the shallots or green onion, chives, and dill
- Finish it off with some flaky sea salt, to your taste
- We prefer wild caught salmon to smoke
- Our choice of cream cheese is Philadelphia original
- Blend ingredients in a good food processor
- Adjust amount of ingredients to your liking